|Item:||1st Lieutenant Theodore Stimming – 31st Iowa Infantry|
|L.J.T.P. Number:||100.023 (and 100.023.01)|
|Medium:||Carte de Visite|
|Creator:||Ph. E. Thuemmler, Dubuque, Iowa|
|Period:||Civil War America 1860 – 1865|
|Keywords:||Theodore Stimming, 31st Iowa Infantry, Civil War, Ph. E. Thuemmler|
|Citation:||Thuemmler, Ph. E. 1st Lieutenant Theodore Stimming – 31st Iowa Infantry. C.1862. Dubuque. Library of John T. Pregler, Dubuque.
(Source: Library of John T. Pregler)
- Resident of Cedar Falls, Iowa and 32 years old at time of Civil War.
- Served in Company H of the 1st Iowa Infantry as Fourth Sergeant from April 23 – August 21, 1861.
- Re-enlisted on 8/12/1862 as a 1st Lieutenant.
- 10/13/1862 commissioned into Company B of the 31st Iowa Infantry.
- Mustered out of service on 6/27/1865 in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Promoted to Major 3/31/1863 and to Lt. Colonel on 5/27/1865.
- Member of GAR Post 790 – General Wm. E. Strong Camp – Ravenwood, Illinois.
- Died 12/16/1907